Happy Friday! Woop woop!
Here I am, still not self-hosted. I was naive to think it would only take a week, huh? I’m basically waiting on one thing to go through before I can move on. However, I am really pumped for the future Top 3 Friday link-up! I have my fingers crossed for next week, but I am treading in unfamiliar waters, so I can’t say for sure. Though you should know, I love reading the top 3 posts some of you are already doing.
Also, thank you guys so much for completing my reader survey. If you haven’t yet, there is still time! Click Here! I’m really excited for the Q&A post.
Without further chit chat, here is this past week’s top 3:
Top 3 Eats
- Garlic knots– When I went home to visit for the day, we went to dinner at an old favorite Greek/Italian restaurant. I worked there in high school as a hostess and would often eat the knots fresh out of the oven without bothering to butter them because the dough was so good!
- Turkey burger quesadilla– Since I work some nights I’ve been trying to prepare a yummy dinner for Terry and I, but one that is portable for me. I used a whole wheat tortilla and stuffed it with an onion-y turkey burger, mayo/mustard mix, tomato slices, spinach, and pickles. It was so dang satisfying!
- Grilled chicken Greek salad- After work one day Terry and I wanted to go on a date. My body was screaming “veggies please!” and this was exactly what I needed. PS I didn’t eat the olives because I hate them. They may be my least favorite food ever. I wish I liked them.
Top 3 Lows
- Well, my first “low” is really the only one that matters. My Grandma’s love of 27 years passed away this week. I’m so sad for her and can’t imagine how much she misses him. If you think about it, please say a prayer for her and his family.
- On more trivial things, I’m really behind in my blog reading & commenting & comment replying!! I hate getting behind on these things, especially since I’m so grateful for this community! I’ll either catch up or do better. One of the two for sure,
- More GI issues without much explanation. I’ll be having two more doctor’s appointments before the end of this month, so I’m praying I’ll have a clearer idea of what steps I need to take to get better!
Top 3 Highs
- Picnic-ing with girlfriends. We had a graduation photo shoot followed by a delicious picnic. I love this freedom of being able to picnic together on a weekday for lunch. Everyone brought such delicious food and we had a blast.
- Getting to see my family! We took the trip down to watch my nephew play baseball, but we got to see others too. I am hoping to make plenty more trips down there this summer since I have real days off and not just study days.
- Having a job I enjoy- this is big. I wanted to have a relaxing summer and having a job that I don’t leave feeling stressed is so nice. It’s really a great environment!
Top 3 Instagrams
Top 3 Articles/Posts
John Oliver explains why so much ‘science’ you read about is bogus via The Washington Post -> so important!!
Restrictive diets may cause thyroid troubles in young kids via Medline Plus
Why the Low Fat and Cholesterol Diet Craze Was a Huge Fail via Fannetastic Food
So you tell me-
What are your top 3 highs/lows?
Are you a fan of olives?