WHEW. That was a busy week! It’s hard to believe it but I am 20 days away from graduation. Thank you Lord, for pulling me through!
Since it is Friday, it is time for another Top 3! Unfortunately with everything going on, I wasn’t able to put together a link-up, but I am going to try again for next week. I am really excited to get it started! While I made the top 3 idea on a whim, I’ve come to love the format. Looking back at eats / highs / lows / good reads / and Instagram finds is a great way to sum up the week. I feel strongly that it is important to include the lows with the highs, because I want to be real. Even though I haven’t had any really “low” moments lately, it’s still important to consider the challenges we’ve faced. We can relate and grow with one another! Anyways, if you decide to get in on the top 3 fun, just link back to me, and hopefully we will have a link-up very soon! 😀 😀
Top 3 Eats
1. Triple Take Salad from Newk’s: THIS SALAD IS WHAT SALAD DREAMS ARE MADE OF. Pasta salad, fruit salad, and chicken salad? Chunky chicken salad all the way, of course! I could eat it everyday. 2. Soy Latte: not technically “food”, but delicious nonetheless. Soy lattes are superior to regular and almond, in my opinion! I’ll need another this week, I do believe.
Honorary mention: strawberries!
Top 3 Highs
- Having a lot of girlfriend time over the weekend. Terry was out of town for work this past weekend, so I spent a lot time hanging out with my friends. They were so kind to either stay over or let me stay over.I am so grateful for the friendships I’ve built in grad school.
- Finishing 3 major projects!! Can I get a whoop whoop?
- Gradually improving my running. Sometimes I just have to ask myself, who am I? I am still putting no pressure on myself and trying to do as my body wants. It’s been rather awesome to experience. My friends encouraged me to join them at their track workout and I actually enjoyed it!
- Little sleep. Not so bad that I was a zombie, but I stayed up way too late most nights for my six o’clock wake up time. At least on of us is getting plenty of sleep…
- Feeling like a hot mess. You ever have those weeks? It was likely from the lack of sleep, but most days this week I felt like I just couldn’t get myself together.
- Stomach pangs. Praise God I have an appointment with a motility specialist today!
Top 3 Instagram posts
- Letting go of the numbers via Laura in Lou
- Are full-fat dairy foods better for you after all? via CBS News
“Findings suggest that either… dairy fatty acids themselves or other correlated factors in dairy fat could reduce the risk of diabetes.”
- Where’s the magic in family dinner? via The New York Times
Now it’s your turn, pick a category and give me your top 3!