It’s Saturday at 4 pm. Tomorrow is your birthday. Right now you are mowing the lawn. Or weed eating. You are good at those things. You are also very good at ironing clothes, being on time, thinking before you speak, folding the laundry, making the floor look sparkly, keeping secrets, explaining football, and making our dog feel loved.
How blessed am I that you are my person? For you 25th birthday, I thought I’d tell you 25 nice things about you (in case you didn’t know already).
- You are the most dependable soul I know. No matter what, you will be there.
- I’m in awe of your ability to never say mean things about people, even when they hurt you.
- You have really beautiful skin. I hope that’s a dominant trait for our kids’ sake.
- The times when I wake up and coffee is already brewing because you set it up the night before or when I get home from a hectic day at school and there are no dishes in the sink, I realize I have the best roommate a girl could ask for.
- Somehow you’ve turned me into a dog person. Now I want to hug every dog I see.
- Even though I know you don’t love school, I admire your perseverance in completing all your classes. Online classes are the worst, but somehow you manage!
- You’ve got amazing musical talent. I turn back into the 16 year old girl you first met whenever I hear you play & sing.
- I love how much you love Jesus.
- You are our dog’s biggest supporter. I think it’s funny how you take the blame for anything she does. And how you’ll get on the dirty floor to cuddle with her.
- Thank you for all the coffees, forgotten clothes, tylenol, etc you’ve brought to me at work.
- Your laugh is infectious. Even your fake one.
- Thanks for being so cool when I have people over for dinner and thanks for helping to make the house look descent.
- You are my reminder to relax (and often)! I’ve never gone through series of TV shows so quick in my life. I’ve never ordered extra cheese on a pizza.
- Even though I see myself as pretty average, you make me feel really special. And beautiful. And smart.
- I believe in the work you are doing with the youth. I am here to support you through it all. I am so glad to be married to a man who followed the call of God.
- Our road trips are my favorite. I like how we can sometime talk, sometimes sing, and sometimes you just let me sleep.
- If there’s any proof to the saying “you know how a man will treat you by the way he treats his mother”, you are it. Your mom and I both got off good.
- You’re really good looking. Sometimes I’m shallow and can’t help but think I am pretty dang lucky to have such a hot husband.
- I love hearing your opinions on different topics. You help me to see the other side many times.
- Though I may roll my eyes, I am glad you still have a bit of a kid heart. I love your goofy voices and they way you make kids laugh.
- You are the ISFP to e ENTJ.
- You rocked my world by introducing me to Star Wars. I never thought I could feel the same excitement I had when I was caught up in Harry Potter.
- I love that you are an adventurous eater. Makes my foodie heart sing! Trying new places with you is one of my favorite things to do.
- You are probably right, you could be a comedian.
- Thank for your big heart and soft love. I owe so much of who I am to you.
I could go on, but you’re only turning 25. I hope it’s your best year yet.