Did you hear??? Pluto has been re-instituted as a planet.
April Fools. But still, poor Pluto.
Top 3 eats
1. Popcorn in a pickle– this stuff should have a label: “warning: potentially addictive”.
2. Thursday’s throw together dinner: Buffalo chicken burgers, Spanish rice, and steamed veggies. Plus a sauce made from Greek yogurt, whole grain mustard, and Nektar Crystals.
3. Easter dinner: Cream cheese, black bean hummus, and chicken quesadillas (with homemade tortillas). Cabbage and salsa in the background.
Top 3 highs
1. So much time outside! During the week I got 4 runs in (!!!) and I actually enjoyed all the walking around on campus I did.
And on Easter, Terry and I went to the riverwalk. Our time there was brief, due to a rain storm, but I loved getting to see a beautiful part of God’s creation on such a special day.
2. Dinner and a movie with friends: Saturday night Terry and I met our friends for a quick dinner then went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. There were so many good laughs in the movie- I highly recommend it for when you’re craving a light-hearted/feel good film.
3. Completing a major project: With all the projects I have coming up, I am just checking them off one by one at this point. I did my presentation on pantothenic acid on Tuesday for my Vitamins class and I think I did pretty well. Something cool about pantothenic acid is that it plays SUCH a vital role in key processes in our body (as coenzyme A). However, deficiencies very rarely exist because it is found in almost all foods. I say we have a pretty smart Creator.
Top 3 Lows
1. Nighttime anxiety. It comes and goes and this week it was a little stronger than normal. Not fun at all. I try to remember that even though it is night, morning will soon come.
2. Terry’s sickness. A bug took him out for a few days and I hated to see him like that. Thankfully he is much better now!
3. Not being with family for Easter. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed my day with Terry, I hate seeing major holidays go by without seeing my family.
Top 3 Instagram screen shots
Top 3 articles
1. Food shaming and comparison: the thief of joy via The Real Life RD
2. Eating something sweet can lead to a romantic date via The Washington Post
3. Rather than a third article, I have a graphic!
The folks at Casper Sleep Inc. contacted me about helping them to spread awareness about Stress Awareness Month. As mattress makers, they’re advocating for using naps as a way to decrease stress. I absolutely love the graphic they sent me, because I am NOT a good napper. I am the kind of napper that will turn 10 minutes into 2 hours. I had to laugh when the representative I was emailing with told me that my recent Day in the Life post looked like I could use a nap. Here here! Who would’ve thought that drinking coffee would help?!
So you tell me…
Are you a napper? What’s your favorite way to de-stress?
A high from your week? A low?