TGIF! This week wasn’t nearly as rough as I thought it would be. Turns out when I spend enough time studying, test days aren’t nearly as stressful. Here’s a look back at my week. I left Kelly’s birthday party off the list since I already gabbed about it on Monday!
Top 3 Eats
1. Waffles for dinner: Banana Greek yogurt waffles with almond butter sauce. So good.
2. Freezer fudge: what have I been waiting for? I used this recipe but with the peanut butter I made instead of almond butter.
1. A meeting with the Catawba district dietetic association. The focus of the meeting was a presentation on “unintended biases in the workplace”. I love when we talk about weak areas in our practice and ways we can begin to move forward. It’s amazing how little we recognize our own biases. Self-examination is super important for this.
2. Serial. Thanks to those who recommended the podcast to me, because it’s helping me to ease into running! I ran 3 times both this week and the week before and plan to today as well. I’m not pushing myself, just taking it day by day. I want to enjoy it and not find myself hating it. So far, so good!
3. Seeing my best friend twice in one week! My soul sister Rachel lives in Nashville, so we don’t get to see each other nearly enough. Though we are great about keeping touch over the phone, nothing beats real face time. I picked her up from the airport earlier this week and last night I got visit with her again. Love her so much.
2. IBS frustrations! Ugh.
3. My summer job plans fell through, so I am back to square one with that. I am remaining positive, since it’s still relatively early in the game. Say a prayer for me, if you will!
Top 3 Instagram screenshot:
On not being fed enough as a child via The Fat Nutritionist
*i found the comments to be especially enlightening.
Practicing what I preach via Blissful Lyss
So you tell me…
High and low from the week?
Random… does anyone have experience with the Samsung Galaxy vs i-Phone? We are considering making the switch over.