I haven’t written a Thinking Out Loud post in a few weeks, but my brain is all over the place at the moment, so what could be a more perfect time?
- I don’t know if it is all the traveling from Monday and lack of sleep over the weekend, but I have been dragging this week! Seriously, all I want to do is sit and snack. It’s not even the lazy tired feeling, it’s the “I could fall asleep sitting up” tired. All I know to do is curb it with more sleep, but I sure hope it improves before I go back to school/work on Monday.
- My colonoscopy is tomorrow. After a terrible prep experience last time, I am praying this time goes better. The doc gave me a prep that requires me to drink less of the nasty stuff and from what I’ve read the stuff (Suprep) appears to have better reviews than the other stuff (GoLytely- see picture bellow). Yesterday I tried to eat mostly easy to digest foods like oatmeal, saltines, soup, and smoothies. Hopefully I’ve slept in (I am writing this on Wednesday), because I don’t want to spend too much of the day starving. Just pray I don’t vomit so that everything comes out of the right end :D. Expect an update next week!
- I felt so very lucky to have gotten ample time with girlfriends this week. First Heather and Miss Matilda while in Tennesse, and then Sarah at Sunflour Baking Company where I enjoyed a cappuccino and croissant, but mostly wonderful conversation. Loved turning virtual friends into “real life” friends.
And then on Wednesday I grabbed coffee with my two grad school friends, Kelly & Kelly.
- So to be honest, despite my veggie loving ways, I have never been much of a green smoothie lover. Usually when I have smoothie it’s for a snack, not for a meal. I like to use my teeth when I eat. I made one yesterday for lunch (re: #2) and I did not love it. I did love that spoon could float on top of it though!
Inside went: Frozen banana, frozen strawberries, ~3 tbsp soy protein powder (unflavored), handful or two of spinach, almond milk, cocoa powder, and a small pinch of stevia. How can I make it better, smoothie fanatics?!
- I did, however, make an AMAZING soup last night that looked eerily like my lunch. I made Broccoli + Sweet Potato Soup from NeverHomemaker w/ a few modifications: garlic infused chicken broth for vegetable broth, unsweetened original almond milk instead of coconut milk, and I added ~1 oz of gouda cheese at the end.
Terry and I both loved it!
- Terry and I are watching The Office and I’ve finally been introduced to Holly Flax. I have to tell you, if you’ve ever wondered what I’m like in real life… it’s her. She and I are equally weird.
- In other foodie news, my mom gave me a ton of deer meat (venison) from a family friend who hunts. I was totally not confident about cooking it, but I loved that it was locally sourced and on the leaner side. For New Year’s Eve dinner I made us venison sliders.
Served with celery and fries. Terry and my friends enjoyed them, but I felt kind of iffy towards them. Luckily I have plenty more to experiment with. PS: ketchup makes anything taste decent.
- Have you ever tried to make your own orange juice? If you’ve had success, let me know how, because this is what I got out of three oranges: (still tasty!)
- Lastly, even though I professed my hate for the cold, the skies sure have been beautiful around here. Do you ever think about how when God created earth it didn’t have to be beautiful? Yet, all corners of the earth shout beauty.
I could probably continue with other streams of thought… but nine is fine!
So you tell me…
What is your favorite green smoothie recipe?
Who’s your favorite character from The Office? Terry loves Jim. I love Toby, but Holly is my soul song.