Thursdayyyyy, what’s up?
Yesterday was a day of freedom. Breakfast date with Terry, Christmas shopping (I am very late I know), re-organizing everything post-semester, walking Jules to the dog park, and going to church.
This post is a true Thinking Out Loud post- totally random. If I # my randomness, does it make it less random?
- Tuesday following my last exam, my friend, Kelly, and I went to Cupcrazed bakery to celebrate. Have you guys ever seen the TV show “Cupcake Wars”? It was one of my favorite shows when I had cable. Anyways, Cupcrazed bakery went on the show and won and then even competed in the All Stars edition. Our cupcakes were definitely all stars. Chocolate oreo for her and star crunch (chocolate cupcake with light chocolate icing, rice krispies, and a drizzle of caramel) for me. I drank some black coffee on the side. Yummy!
- Are you guys SnapChatters? I’ve had one for a while, but I recently got into it again and I’ve been using it daily. Add me so we can entertain each other!
- Did I mention the weather has been amazing here? Seriously, over the past weekend it was in the 70s. Yesterday was slightly cooler, but still only 65! I absolutely LOVE it and do NOT care for a white Christmas. I don’t think I could bare to move any farther north than South Carolina. If you are wishing for colder weather…. would you not please?
- One thing that helps Terry and I to get along is we don’t have to worry about the other drinking out of the milk carton. Not our own milk carton, at least. 😉
- I’ve had a great realization recently. It involves fries. I actually prefer the frozen fries that I bake in my oven to fresh fries from the fryer. Now, don’t get me wrong, both are very delicious. But if I had to choose, let me take the bag from the frozen department. It’s kind of like how when I was a kid I preferred DiGiorno over take-out Pizza Hut.
- Well, I can officially say that I’ve seen all the Star Wars films. I loved it all. I loved the originals and I loved the prequels. Return of the Jedi (Episode VI) was the freaking BEST and it left me feeling so happy! Ironically, Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) was my second favorite and it left me feeling VERY sad. I think I could talk about it all day, but I’m afraid I’d lose a lot of you. I will just say it is worth taking the time to watch them. Especially if you enjoy pondering big ideas and searching for symbolism and greater meaning. We’re going to see the new one on Friday!
- Does anyone else have a ton of blog posts sitting your drafts? I have a handful of more serious topic posts that I’ve been mulling over here and there. I personally really appreciate the more serious/thought out posts, but for some reason I feel like those need to be more “perfect.” Thus, I post a bunch of random things like this post, simply because it is easier. I’m hoping to hit publish on all of them while I have some free time over break.
- Lastly, I want to give you a listen into my adolescence:
29 Songs That Will Remind You Of Your High School Sweetheart (or middle school for me)… “We Belong Together -> the feels
29 Emo Songs You Haven’t Thought About Since 2007… All of these! Especially the Brand New song and “Miserable at Best” -> started with “Katie don’t cry” so of course I cried.
Eight sounds like a good stopping point! What are your thoughts today / at the moment?