Happy Friday Friends 😀
This week seriously flew by! I guess being in the car all day Monday made the week seem shorter. I don’t have a whole lot to share today, so this post is going to be a little random. I am linking up with Clare for Five Things Friday.
Last night I didn’t have to work, so I thought I’d make Terry and I a special dinner for us to enjoy out on our porch. I love dining outside, but he is prone to bug bites (unlike me), so it sometimes takes a little convincing. The mosquitoes were relatively inactive last night, so we both enjoyed our time.
I wanted to make spaghetti with ground turkey and zoodles, but my zucchini was too big to zoodle! I decided to try to make a layered casserole instead. (I would say “lasagna,” but in my opinion lasagna NEEDS ricotta.)
It looked quite nice going in….
And coming out…
It was the whole plating thing that fell through…
At least the husband was happy! (His not-so-excited face is more about my need to photograph him and less about the food ;))
It was very delicious, but a little too meat heavy for me. It needed more veggies! I did include some feta, which obviously made it bettah!
We went for a walk at a nearby park afterwards, because the weather was too perfect to ignore.
Five things from this past week:
- As noted in my Wednesday post, I decided to try my hand at creating a recipe for granola bars. I was nervous about how they would turn out, but I am happy to say they turned out nicely! I’m going to try making them again to make sure I have the proportions down right before I share. I see so many recipes that call for banana and while I love bananas, I don’t always want to wait for them to turn brown. So instead I used canned pumpkin, which I really love baking with.
- Earlier this week I told my boss at Panera I would not be working during the school year. This was really hard for me and I went back and forth trying to decided what I wanted to do, but I knew that I ultimately would regret keeping the job. Last semester I managed to hold two jobs in addition to being in grad school full time, but it was so dang hectic! I was always tired and looking back I feel like I missed out on truly soaking everything in, both in life and in school. I will miss a lot of my co-workers, but it was the best decision for me. My boss was cool about me coming back to work over breaks, so it is really more of a “see ya later” anyways.
- I decided to restart the Harry Potter series! When I was in 5th grade I read the first 5 books in two weeks. The 6th and 7th were each read in a day. I laid in my bed all day reading only getting up to use the bathroom and grab something to eat. That’s summertime as a kid for ya! I was completely obsessed and read fan fiction to keep the fire alive. This time around I am going to read them sloooowly so I can really enjoy them and because I just don’t think I can swing lying in bed all day as an adult with responsibilities.
- Speaking of reading, one of my favorite things to do is read outside. I did this yesterday while drinking another one of the homemade frappes I shared about in Wednesday’s posts. I hope to do this everyday until school starts back! *Selfie to show I am in my happy place*
- Finally, I just have to share about this delicious dinner we had on Wednesday night. To go alongside roasted gold potatoes (my favorite dinnertime carb), I made a frittata for us to split. In went 4 eggs, 1/4 cup chicken broth, two handfuls of spinach, half a chopped tomato, and about ~1/2 cup cheddar cheese. I also added salt/pepper/oregano. It was seriously so good! It was basically all my favorites on one plate.
And that’s all for today. I am looking forward to seeing my family this weekend and having a date night with Terry. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Soak it all in.
So you tell me…
Were you ever a Harry Potter lover? Any MuggleNet users back in the day?
Do you have a favorite frittata combination?