That’s right, my first year of grad school is behind me. It has been a whirlwind year alright and all of it was just as unpredictable and challenging as I imagined. I leave with a better sense of the dietitian I want to be AND a better sense of what it’s like to be wife. I’m so fortunate to be married to Terry- he picks up a lot of the slack that I am never around to attend to.
I am SO excited to be entering into my favorite time of year: SUMMER. Being so busy this past semester with both jobs and school and church made me think about all the things I want to do when I have the time. I decided to create a summer bucket list and challenge myself to complete each one. I think I will blog about them as I go along. Which leads me into my first item…
1. Blog more. Like a bunch more. Maybe more than once a week? Yeah? I am really going to push for it.
2. Go camping in a tent.
3. Visit my friends in Nashville.
4. Read a book a week. Any suggestions?
5. Experiment more in the kitchen. There are so many recipes I want to try out- I almost need a “baking/cooking bucket list”. Meringues! Quiche with homemade crust! Thai! Popovers! More casseroles (Terry loves those).
6. Spend at least 30 minutes outside a day. I NEED to stick with this one.
7. Be consistent about weight lifting. I tried to get more serious starting in March, but the end-of-the-year business really took away a lot of my time. I’m hoping the summer will be the perfect opportunity.
8. Hike a new mountain. I’m leaning towards Table Rock. I’ve been there a handful of times, but I’ve never climbed the whole way.
9. Downsize. I start to feel suffocated by stuff every now and then and now is one of those times. I want to live simply and without a lot of excess and right now I feel like I have so many random items that can be excused from my life. This is just something I have to do from time to time.
10. Study up. Yes, yes it is summertime, but now is the time when I can actually read all of the pages in my nutrition textbooks and not just skim! My clinical nutrition books is chock full of interesting stuff and I now have time to read it all. Perhaps I will share some of the especially interesting things here. I’m thinking I need to make goals a little more specific for this one.
Ten seems like a good number for now… I know I will think of more as I go along, but these are things I feel like I need to say out loud to actually accomplish.